Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

Sun filtered through blinds onto a plastic bathmat has left yellow discolored marks on the tub floor. There are circles, from the mats suction 'feet' which are an orange and then an overall yellow. How do I get these off?

Jane from Prosser, WA

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

I only recently noticed that my fiberglass tub changed colors under a skylight, too. It's now almost lemon yellow, though it was white when new. Even the trim around the tub has changed color, and the splash-guard area on the wall, as it's all the same kind of fiberglass, or plastic, or whatever. That particular tub has barely been used, as we prefer a walk-in shower. I think that the tub material just doesn't do well with sunlight. If it's not a stain that can scrub off, and one can't soak the 'wall' part or the top of the tub, I'm afraid some of us may be stuck with these funny colors, ick... (07/30/2008)

By CrafterMary

Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass