Discolored Linoleum

I have a Linoleum floor in my kitchen that is white. I had a rug over 1/2 of the floor and now that I have removed the rug I found that the floor is a darker color where the area rug used to be. How do I get my floor one color again?

Lela from Casper, WY

Answers:

Discolored Linoleum

If the area rug that you removed had a rubber backing, I doubt that you'll be able to remove the color because it was probably a chemical reaction to the rubber. (03/01/2006)

By Luvyabye

Discolored Linoleum

If it is "true linoleum" (ie: older and actually made using linseed oil, rather than newer linoleums that are made with plastics) the yellowing may just fade away over time when exposed to natural light. Oil will naturally yellow in the dark, but then fade (bleach, actually) slowly when exposed to the light again. I can't guarentee that this will happen on your floor, but it may. Wait a few months and see. (03/01/2006)

By Anna

Discolored Linoleum

ZAP didn't work on mine. I'm told by an expert, NOTHING can remove that stain. If it really bothers you put another rug over it. I like what Rose B. said. Just ingnore it. (03/04/2006)

By Great Granny Vi

Discolored Linoleum

My mother had the same problem with her linoleum. She had a rug in front of her sink that had rubber backing. It turned the floor yellow. Nothing she used to cleaned it with worked. So she just bought another rug and covered it. (03/06/2006)

By nana6x

Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
A can of blue paint.
Painting Vinyl (or Linoleum) Flooring
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
🎉
🎄