Dishwasher Won't Drain

I have a General Electric Permatuf dishwasher and the water will not drain out. My line going to my garbage disposal is not plugged, nor my sink lines under the sink. The line going from my dishwasher to the garbage may be plugged, but I don't have any way of knowing.

By Triothree from Augusta, GA

Answers:

Dishwasher Won't Drain

Make sure the pump is working. You disconnect the drain hose and run it into your sink or a bucket for testing purposes. If it is pumping out the water then check to make sure there are no obstructions in the connection at the disposal. If this is a new install make sure the plug was removed from the disposal connection at time of the install, also check for kinks in the drain line. Most dishwasher manufacturers recommend a loop in the drain line. Look at the install instructions that came with the washer. (08/21/2009)

By DonM

Dishwasher Won't Drain
Dishwasher
Dishwasher Won't Drain
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
🎉
🎄