Browsing: Dog Keeps Shaking Head

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dog Keeps Shaking Head

If you notice that your dog has begun shaking her head a lot, finding the cause becomes paramount in order to find a treatment. This is a guide about dog keeps shaking head.

Dog Shaking Head
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 6, 2009 Flag

My do has been shaking his head as though he has an ear ache although he has no infection and no ingrown hairs. Any ideas on how to help him?

By Marylee

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am the original writer of this note. I shold have wrote that he has been to the vet has had antibiotics and ear drops. after several treatmens the problem recurs. this is a chronic problem. I was looking for something that might be a type of homeopathihic treatment between to so he doesn't need to have so much medicine in his system. Thanks all.

Our dog, Obie had this. We used olive oil and put in ear with q-tip and then wiped off excess with cotton balls. Also we tried 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water also wiping excess off with cotton balls for three days. Both of these treatments helped Obie overcome the ear mites successfully.

I too say it is ear mites. I order from www.HappyJack.com for our "5 furry babies". It costs around $15 a bottle BUT that will treat the area that is making him shake his head or itch at their ears constantly; they will not like you when you put the drops in their ears and then have to rub the liquid into their ears...so make sure you have someone to help you do this, as we have learned it is a two man duty to be done AND You will see results within 24 hours. You will be happy and so will they I promise.

Good Luck and keep us informed on what you do, do.

I suggest you contact your veterinarian before the poor animal shakes it's head resulting in Hematoma.

Read More Answers...

July 16, 2013 Flag

What can I do for my dog who is shaking his head as if his ears are bothering him?

By rpfunke

Please take him to the vet. Could have an ear infection or mites, or yeast which is very itchy and won't correct on it's own.

Buy some ear drops specially formulated for dogs at your local pet store or vet - put a few drops in it's ears - rub the ears then a few minutes later get a cotton ball & wipe its ears clean. Note: do not use a cotton bud.

This will help clean any build up of wax out - if it still has a problem then you must visit your vet in case it is a more serious issue. He may have a grass seed lodged in his canal & this is a big problem.

Pets Dogs HealthJuly 16, 2013
Mother Nits out of Her Daughters Hair
Preventing Head Lice
A girl with a sweaty head.
Head Sweats a Lot
removing a nail
Removing a Nail That Has Lost Its Head
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:50:20 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 960 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.