Dog Urine Stains and Smell Off Furniture

I recently got a female puppy. After a few days I realized that my male dog was "marking" on everything the female was laying on, including my bed and living room furniture. How do I get the dried stains and smell out of my stuff?

Angie

Answers:

PetSmart does have quite a few cleaners available (I recently adopted a 5 month old pup) but the one thing that stuck in my mind all the years I had my previous dog (17 wonderful years) was a solution one of the local vets gave on a tv show, 1 part vinegar to 3 parts warm water. Spray and sponge as often as needed. this was also suppose to neutralize the urine so the dog didn't go back to the same spot. (12/21/2004)

By VICKY K

Vinegar water will neutralize the smell the odor of vinegar will dissipate. (12/25/2004)

By Barbie

The best cleaner I've ever found is Nature's Miracle. It gets both the stain and oder out of carpet. I was also amazed that it got cat urine out of my couch. It's sold at PetSmart, PetCo and most other pet stores. Not real cheap though. (12/25/2004)

By d_l_mc

Go to your local drugstore and get women's douche products. I know this sounds crazy but it works. I went to the vet to get something for this problem, he wanted to sell me a bottle of cleaner for $30, I told him there has got to be a cheaper cleaner. He told me what he uses at his home and I gave it a try. It works better the anything I have ever tried. I have used it in the rinse water for the rug cleaner and in a spray bottle. I always get the powder mix, the only place I have found it though is at Osco stores. I have been using this cleaning methods for my animals for 12 years. (01/01/2005)

By Nancy

The only product I've found that really works is Petfresh pet urine remover, Petfresh ltd UK. It actually removes the urine crystal and it does remove cat urine perfectly (01/09/2005)

By astral

The best stuff to get is called "ODORMUTE" it can be found at petstores. It's an original enzyme formula that can be used on virtually anything from furniture to fabric, kennels, animal shelters, anywhere or anything and it can be used to control skunk odor. There toll free number is 1 800 537-1601. Good luck because it worked for us to kill the smell of urine from previous owners. (their dog) (02/06/2005)

By butter13

Newspapers work wonders on removing smells. My cat peed all over my couch one time, and I tried all kinds of things to get rid of the smell. What finally worked was newspaper. I took a newspaper and opened it up and spread several sheets all over the couch. Then I placed an old blanket on top of the newspapers so that we could still use the couch. I left it this way for several days. When I removed the blanket and newspapers, the smell was finally gone! (12/19/2006)

Grey Cat Sitting on Blue Chair
Removing Pet Urine Smell from Furniture
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄