Dog With Loose Stool

My dog is a 9 month old miniature Aussie. She started a couple of days ago with loose stool and still has it. Her mood or eating habits haven't changed. She still is her usual self, playing and running through the house. Should I be worried?

Cindy in Virginia

Answers:

Dog With Loose Stool

Anything lasting more than 24 hours should be checked by a vet. It could be worms or anything. If she's acting OK otherwise it's probably not serious. But being a long time dog parent it's better to be safe than sorry. Make sure she's being fed a good food that doesn't have fillers, bad preservatives, meal etc.

http://www.api4animals.org/79.htm (07/14/2005)

By Vicki

Dog With Loose Stool

Try boiling some hamburger and mix it with boiled rice. It worked for my dog while we were on vacation. (07/14/2005)

Dog With Loose Stool

My son and daughter in law have a beagle, Judy is 5 and the vet told them to give her Pepto Bismol tablet. Try one and if the doesn't work, try one more. Stop there, but "for sure" I would call the vet. We just adopted an Aussie, 4 years and he's big Bear. I would love to get a mini Aussie, hope this helps. Good luck. (07/14/2005)

By klz1948

Dog With Loose Stool

Make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. Feed her boiled rice, boiled in broth and just a little plain boiled chicken or turkey. You can add some bran to that which should do the trick. If not, take to the vet. She could have parasites. (07/14/2005)

By Linda

Dog With Loose Stool

Cottage cheese helps in firming up the stool. My vet told me of this. Just a small spoon on their food every now and then. It works. (07/17/2005)

By amanun

Dog With Loose Stool
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Loose Change on White Background
Finding Loose Change
pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
Photo of a sad puppy laying on the floor.
Puppy With Blood in its Stool
🎄