Dogs Eating Grub Worms

Every time we walk our dogs they have their noses to the ground and I think they are eating grub worms! Besides being gross, can there be any harm in this? Is that what they are eating? It is worse at night. I have two beautiful female beagles.

By Robinfox from Knoxville, TN

Answers:

Dogs Eating Grub Worms

Your beautiful little babies are having a ball seeing the things move and having fun doing a natural thing. I would start giving them more things to do and be concerned with, such as simple training, and here is a website that is very good about teaching on how to train a dog: leerburg.com

They have articles and podcasts that are free. The dog is just having a ball! They are high in protein (yucky). (04/21/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Dogs Eating Grub Worms

Unless you have actually seen them eating worms, they are probably just using their noses as nature intended, to trail wild game. (04/29/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Dogs Eating Grub Worms

I agree with the previous posters. I think your dogs are "practicing to be a dog." That's what we say when our fourth child (the only one with 4 legs) does this in our yard. She gets the hair ruffled up on her neck and growls low in her throat and trails something (probably gophers) all around the yard. (04/30/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Dogs Eating Grub Worms

My yorkipoo is doing the same thing. This morning she actually had one in her mouth. I came up to her and she spit it out. I think she is eating them too. I realize they are dogs and they should act like one, but I don't want an adverse reaction coming from these nasty things. (11/19/2009)

By raynicole

Grubs eat dirt, dirt contains eggs of roundworms....my dog was digging but didn't know why....now I know. So are they totally innocuous? Heartgard Plus once a month enough? Doubt it- quality control may be sketchy who the hell knows - don't trust pharm co for humans or pets