Donate Cards to St. Jude's Recycled Card Program

Give your Christmas cards again!

After you have enjoyed all those great cards you received from your family and friends, donate them to St. Jude's Recycled Card program. The kids cut the front of the card and reuse them to make new ones that they later sell. This gives them not only money to help beat their illness, but also something that they can do to help themselves.

So, keep the Christmas spirit alive and give those cards again.

Source: stjudesranch.org

By Jennifer from Austin, TX

Answers:

I had donated card fronts to them for many years until they stopped the program. I didn't know that it had resumed, so thanks for the update. I did notice, though, that they are only accepting the card fronts until February 28, 2010. (01/01/2010)

By Maryeileen

An alternative to St. Jude's if you find they won't accept cards after a certain date. I would be most grateful to get your holiday and/or everyday cards (especially need birthday, anniversary, get-well, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's, etc. and can use the entire card, not just the front). I'm an environmental educator and teach kids how to make things with cards all year long (many projects from fabulous Thrifty Fun readers). Contact me here at ThriftyFun.
Thanks ever so much.

Casey
(01/02/2010)

By caseye

Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Playing Cards Costume
A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄