Donating Scrap Fabric

I'm clearing up my sewing room and I have some fabric that I like to donate. I live in the Austin, Texas area and would like to find a charitible organization group where I can donate my fabric.

Somewhere on here I thought I saw someone wanting fabric. Maybe you two could connect?

You can put an ad on Freecycle. Teachers, camp counselors and people who work at senior citizen centers are always looking for fabric, yarn and other craft items.

There are a lot of charitable organizations in Austin that would love to have fabric donations but also many for-profit (or claim to be non-profit) that are just like any other business - they are there to make money for the owners - but - many times they have paid employees that need a job, so there are good and maybe bad points to this type of thrift store.

Basically, decide if you just want to donate your supplies or if you want to only donate where any funds realized from the sale or use will go to someone in need.

Several very good true non-profit organizations: Hospice Thrift Stores, Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, and many of your local churches will have their own thrift stores.

All of these are located in Austin and can be found on Google with just the name and Austin or your zip code. Most of these would be very pleased to have your donations.

If you are just looking for a place to donate then here is a link that will help you:

http://austincr  onate-materials/