Dye Transfer on Clothing

I washed a pair of jeans with a green t-shirt and a pink cotton top. It now has blue blotches. Is there any way to get it out?

By Carol from Kansas City

Dye Transfer on Clothing

I've had great success with Shout ultra gel, spray it on and scrub-brush it in good, let it sit over night, do it again and then wash it. I had a cotton blouse that got washed with a red lipstick pencil, and the Shout ultra got it all out, I was amazed. It works great for old set in stains, too. A real lifesaver, I love it. (03/24/2009)

By Kendy

Dye Transfer on Clothing

I know this doesn't help now, but in the future, to avoid the problem, toss in a Shout "color-catcher" sheet when doing a load with something that might bleed when new. The color ends up on the sheet instead of on other clothes. (03/27/2009)

By Mary T

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Light colored leather couch.
Removing Fabric Dye from a Leather Couch
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Man Washing Clothes
Preventing Dye Transfer When Washing Clothes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink