Dye Transfer on Clothing

I washed a pair of jeans with a green t-shirt and a pink cotton top. It now has blue blotches. Is there any way to get it out?

By Carol from Kansas City

Answers:

Dye Transfer on Clothing

I've had great success with Shout ultra gel, spray it on and scrub-brush it in good, let it sit over night, do it again and then wash it. I had a cotton blouse that got washed with a red lipstick pencil, and the Shout ultra got it all out, I was amazed. It works great for old set in stains, too. A real lifesaver, I love it. (03/24/2009)

By Kendy

Dye Transfer on Clothing

I know this doesn't help now, but in the future, to avoid the problem, toss in a Shout "color-catcher" sheet when doing a load with something that might bleed when new. The color ends up on the sheet instead of on other clothes. (03/27/2009)

By Mary T

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Light colored leather couch.
Removing Fabric Dye from a Leather Couch
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Man Washing Clothes
Preventing Dye Transfer When Washing Clothes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄