Dye Transferred in the Wash

I put a children's t-shirt in with my wash, by mistake. The t-shirt is white, the front is white and pink, it came out of the wash light blue. I have tried most of the colour removers but no luck. I have to be careful what I use as there is pink in the front of the t-shirt. Please help!

By Christine

Best Answer

Have you tried Shout Color Catcher Sheets, available in the laundry aisle at the supermarket? If you haven't, wash the shirt by itself with a 2-3 sheets. The box will say use 1. If the shirt has been dried in the dryer, this may not work. This product has saved several items for me. Hope this helps.

Try hot water & a little bleach in a white (hot) wash, alone.That just might do the trick.I've washed items this way in the past, & it worked. Also,sometimes certain fabrics don't bleach out like you think they would-& things come out clean & not even faded,let alone bleached.I put colored prints like pjs & pillowcases in hot wash whites w/bleach & the stains come out but are clean w/no fading.I put them in 1st, then put the Real whites in on top.You can also go to Good Housekeeping or The library & go to Ask Helouise column. She knows everything! She has books out & has been doing this for years- like Dear Abby. Good Luck. : )

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 9, 2011
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎄