Eating Hot Foods While Wearing Dentures

I got temporary full dentures 4 days ago. This is the first time for me to wear dentures. I could not wear the dentures due to the pain they caused. I am supposed to wear them at least an hour a day for the next two weeks.

I was able to wear them 5 or 6 hours by using SeaBond denture adhesive strips. It seemed to cushion or whatever just enough. Plus it really holds the dentures in place. I was only able to remove them by eating a hot omelette. The dentures quickly and easily released and I could easily get them out without gagging.

But now, I question if I will be able to eat hot foods, like soups, omelettes, etc. when wearing dentures. Obviously not with the Sea bond strips. But is there something that works better as far as making the dentures not hurt and keeping them in place, even when eating hot soup or other hot foods?

Thanks.

Best Answer

I've had full dentures for about 20 years and the best thing I've found is Fixodent. Not much of a problem with hot stuff, the thing that 'melts' the fixer seems to be chocolate.

I do sometimes need to reapply some days. They do take a while to get used to - I kept saying to myself "No more toothache, yaay!" When you get the permanent ones they will feel better. Good luck.

Marg from England.

I find secure dental adhesive the best tred all the other ones but this one lasts for 12 hours get it from Amazon hope this helps