Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

Do not blow out a candle flame. Bend the wick into the melted wax. The flame will go out and you wont get that awful smoking. To bend the wick, I used an uncooked spaghetti noodle. Be sure to lift it back out while still warm, so it's ready to light for your next use.

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

Answers:

Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

I saw on a craft show once where if you put your finger up straight in front of the flame then blow it out it goes out clean too, I tried it and it really works and does not blow the wax . I use that spaghetti tip too and love it. (01/05/2009)

By theseamstress

Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

That's amazing, I did not know that, I will do that from now on! You changed my life! (01/05/2009)

By kimhis

Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

Another alternative to the spaghetti noodle is any kind of candle snuffer. A couple of years ago I bought some really nice paraffin candles. The seller's instructions included never, ever blowing out your candle. Instead, use something to snuff or smother the flame(like a thimble or a real, honest-to-goodness candle snuffer.) Don't quote me on this, but I'd guess you could find candle snuffers at any store that sells candles. You can also try thrift shops - they sometimes have old-fashioned items - or an antique or hobby shop. (01/06/2009)

By JustPlainJo