Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax to Avoid Smoke

Category Simple Living
When its time to blow out the candles dip the wick into the wax to stop it from smoking. This is a guide about extinguish candle into melted wax to avoid smoke.

Put out candles by shoving the wick into the melted wax. This keeps the wick from smoking and ruining the fragrance in the room. Make sure you straighten the wick after the flame goes out.

By Janette from WV

Anonymous
Top Comment

Why not use an inexpensive candle snuffer or non-flammable coaster to put the candle out? That way there is no need to worry about finding something to stick the wick in to the wax and then have to pull the wick back up.

To keep a candle wick from smoking when putting out the flame, just bend the wick into the melted wax to put it out. I use a pair of tweezers.

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

Do not blow out a candle flame. Bend the wick into the melted wax. The flame will go out and you wont get that awful smoking. To bend the wick, I used an uncooked spaghetti noodle. Be sure to lift it back out while still warm, so it's ready to light for your next use.

By Janette from Parkersburg, WV

Answers:

Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

I saw on a craft show once where if you put your finger up straight in front of the flame then blow it out it goes out clean too, I tried it and it really works and does not blow the wax . I use that spaghetti tip too and love it. (01/05/2009)

By Julie

Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

That's amazing, I did not know that, I will do that from now on! You changed my life! (01/05/2009)

By Kim Churchman

Extinguish Candle Into Melted Wax

Another alternative to the spaghetti noodle is any kind of candle snuffer. A couple of years ago I bought some really nice paraffin candles. The seller's instructions included never, ever blowing out your candle. Instead, use something to snuff or smother the flame(like a thimble or a real, honest-to-goodness candle snuffer.) Don't quote me on this, but I'd guess you could find candle snuffers at any store that sells candles. You can also try thrift shops - they sometimes have old-fashioned items - or an antique or hobby shop. (01/06/2009)

By Lelia Jo Cordell