Extraction Sites Too Painful for Dentures

I just had 26 teeth pulled on Wednesday and wore the dentures the first night and then took them out the second night. Now there seems to be little pieces of bone coming out of the extraction sites and it hurts too touch even with my tongue and I can't get my dentures in. What can I do?

By sr

Showing: Answers Sort

By Ann 13 Flag

This happened to me when I had the same procedure. If you have talked with your dentist and have been assured this is normal (because it is and happens when you have a large number of teeth extracted at the same time), the best thing to I found to do was to apply a denture medication (Oral-base, oral-gel, etc) and wait it out. If the dentures are painful to wear during this healing time, don't wear them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Please go back to the dentist. I don't know if there is anything special about having all the teeth out, but I do know that there can be little pieces of bone or root that are working their way out from an extraction. I had only one tooth taken out, and then felt this with my tongue. It was, in fact, a little sliver that the dentist had to remove.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A woman in pain wearing dentures.
Remedies for Pain from Wearing Dentures
Health & Beauty AdviceApril 20, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A woman in pain wearing dentures.
Remedies for Pain from Wearing Dentures
Man with a sore mouth.
Caring for Your Gums After a Tooth Extraction
Woman Having Tooth Pulled
Eating After Having Teeth Pulled
Temporary Dentures
Getting Temporary Dentures
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 2:40:29 AM on 10.0.1.30 in 959 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings