Fabric Storage and Organization

winner.jpg

Since I have been quilting I always purchase my fabric on sale and believe you me when I find a sale I purchase a lot of fabric. I was having a hard time finding a place to "store" my fabrics. I didn't want it just stuffed in plastic storage bins because I would forget what I had.

So at a garage sale I purchased this most excellent cabinet for $9.00. It had red crayon on the side of it, which when I got home it came right off with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser : ) I rolled up my fabrics and sorted them on each shelve.

Then I hung up 3 baskets on the wall above my sewing machine and rolled fabrics in there too.

I love the storage that doubles as decorations.

quiltingroom2.jpg

quiltingroom1.jpg

By Tracey

Answers:

Fabric Storage and Organization

Wow! That is a "most excellent" cabinet and what a deal! I must be doing something wrong because I can never find anything that cool at a yard sale. It would make a great CD or video cabinet too. Way to go. The baskets look real cute too. I might try something like that for school papers. Love the ideas on this website. (08/24/2005)

By mrsmutt

Fabric Storage and Organization

What a great idea. My fabric, yards and fat quarters, and pieces of no measure, are all stuff into drawers. I love your idea, thank you for sharing. (08/24/2005)

By kittyhassparkle

Fabric Storage and Organization

I bet you could probably get a similar cabinet and baskets at a thrift store.

Ziggee (08/24/2005)

By Ziggee

Fabric Storage and Organization

It looks great! I love the cabinet and the baskets on the wall is a great idea! Happy quilting!! (08/25/2005)

By Cadensnana

Fabric Storage and Organization

I just LOVE the basket idea! Thank you for sharing pictures! (09/13/2005)

By DDSS2000

Fabric Storage and Organization

Totes are a great idea but, like you said, we sometime forget what we have in them. I bought a photo album, cut a small piece of the fabric and placed it in the album. I numbered the totes and placed that # under the fabric. If I look through and find the one I like, I just go and find that # tote. (03/29/2007)

By Carolyn

Fabric Storage and Organization

My Avon-selling neighbor gives me empty boxes with actual lids. They stack great in my closet. I wrote colors on the outside and this solves my fabric storage solution. (12/09/2008)

By luckyducky

Colorful Quilting Fabric
Organizing Fabric
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
🎄
🍂