Fast and Easy Beaded Dragonfly
- "E" beads (approximately 50 colored and 2 black for the eyes)
- bugle beads (16)
- fine craft wire 36 inches (26 gauge, or just use inexpensive fine floral wire)
- First you will cut a length of wire 36 inches long.
- Place 3 E beads on the wire, in the middle of the wire, then add a black bead, a colored bead, and another black bead, which will become the eyes of the dragonfly. Be sure to snug the beads so there is little wire showing.
- Next, place an E bead, then a bugel bead, then another E bead, bugel bead, E bead, bugle bead, until you have a wing made. (4-E beads/4-bugle beads.)
- Now you will go through the E bead at the beginning of the wing, come out and start your other wing the same way as the first wing was made.
- Place 4 E beads on the wire, then go back through the beads with the end of your wire, then place 3 beads on the wire, go back through those beads, then 2, and go back through those beads, then one bead, and now you are at the tail section of your dragonfly.
- Place 16 E beads on the wire, and at the very end, take the 2 loose ends and go back through the last bead to secure it, and you are finished.
- You can use the excess wire to place your dragonfly into a floral arrangement if you wish.
By CDC from FL
Add your voice to the conversation.