Watercolor Dragonfly Card
Whether it's for a celebration, special occasion, or a simple thank you; this lovely dragonfly card is sure to be cherished by whomever receives it. This is a guide about making a watercolor dragonfly card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a hand-painted birthday card for a special family member.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- 9.8 inch x 6.9 inch light brown striped cardboard
- 5.7 inch x 4.3 inch white cardboard
- one foam dragonfly (available from scrapbook wholesalers)
- 24 inch pink florist ribbon
- student watercolors set with 12 colors, you will need blue, green, yellow, and orange from this set
- acrylic paint in two colors: Blush Pink Pearl and magenta
- thin paintbrush
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- Fold the light brown striped cardboard in half to create a card 6.9 inches x 4.9 inches; use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Turn the 5.7 inch x 4.3 inch white cardboard so that the 5.7 inch sides will be at the top and bottom.
- Using the watercolors, start by painting a design on the white cardboard. Start with the water, and ensure that the paint is applied darker towards the sea-line, as to create depth.
- Using green watercolor, as well as a combination of yellow-green and yellow-orange-green, add reeds to the edge of the water.
- At the bottom of the reeds, add small flowers with the acrylic paint in two colors: Blush Pink Pearl and magenta.
- Paste the dragonfly above the water.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
August 10, 20110 found this helpful
Very nice idea for a card for any birthday or just a thinking of you everyday
card. Write any message you'd like to say inside to make it appropriate.
Thank you for sharing.
September 22, 20110 found this helpful
Thank you! :-)