Feedback: Helping A Needy Family This Christmas

Helping A Needy Family This Christmas

Debra, you have some great ideas! And, you are right, it is an incredible feeling to help someone else out. We have mitten trees in our town that you can donate hats, scarfs, and mittens to the area children. The local Lions club always sponsors a toys program, I just love shopping for toys for children! The sad part is, in my area, is that families can only apply for food baskets if they are already receiving from the human services department. There are a lot of families out there that are not on any state assistance, but are just struggling along day to day and need help. I agree with you about helping out with paying part of the utilities, that would be a very welcomed gift; or, maybe a grocery store gift certificate. Even if you can't do anything like that, baking some cookies would be very thoughtful. You have inspired me, Debra, thank you. (11/03/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Helping A Needy Family This Christmas

Bless you Debra, we need more people like you around. I like to donate to my local food pantry. They take anything so I always try to do a canned food drive at my place of work. I also print out heart warming stories of help and assistance and mail off to my kids and friends to help keep them in the spirit. Amy Lane Franklin, IN. (11/07/2006)

By Amy

Giving bread to the needy.
Helping Those in Need
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree