Find Worms for Fishing

Taking the kids fishing? Need some worms? Well you don't need to digging up half the yard or drive all over town looking for someone who sells them either. Here's what you do - Take a large container (bucket, bathroom waste basket,etc) and fill it with water. Then add about 3 giant squeezes or 6 Tablespoons of liquid dishsoap. Stir it up and take it outside. No, you're not washing the car so don't worry.

Find a good spot in the lawn and dump it on the grass in a 1 foot area. Give it about 5 minutes and the worms will start to come out. Just make sure you have a container to put them in. Now jump in the car (don't forget the kids) and go fishing. Remember your sunblock ;)

By Suzanne S.

Answers:

Find Worms for Fishing

Yes! You can use dishwashing soap, or bleach with warm water. (09/16/2004)

By Budweizer42

Find Worms for Fishing

But it kills the grass!
(07/01/2006)

By Leanne

Find Worms for Fishing

I tried it, it doesn't work. I feel like a bit of a foolish sitting with my nose inches from the grass for about 15 minutes and there wasn't a single worm to be seen! I'm a bit disappointed! (09/01/2006)

Find Worms for Fishing

Great advice! Almost as good as a worm bed! (04/21/2007)

Find Worms for Fishing

How many will come up though? (06/06/2008)

By Jched

Find Worms for Fishing

It doesn't work! I'm very disappointed by your useless advice. (06/26/2008)

By Johnny

Find Worms for Fishing

It's perfect! I got loads of worms coming up! But does it kill worms? (07/03/2008)

By sambojimbo

Find Worms for Fishing

It was astounding. We tried one place, but the ground was too hard so we had no results. We tried where there were a bunch of leaves and sure enough we got plenty. It can't magically create worms, it only brings them out; hence you should do this in a spot that is well aerated and fertilized. Where leaves gather and break down is an ideal spot for worms to be. (08/09/2008)

By Chris and Kimberly

Find Worms for Fishing
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Glowing fish lantern centerpiece.
Making a Fishing Theme Centerpiece
Worm Bin
Starting Worm Bin for Fish Bait
Ice Fishing
Ice Fishing Tips and Photos
🎉
🎄