Finding Leaks in an Air Mattress

How do I find a slow leak in an air mattress?

By denny 1 from Grand Junction, CO

Answers:

Finding Leaks in an Air Mattress

You do the same thing you would to find a leak in a tire; a spray bottle filled with soapy water. Spray the soapy water on the air mattress while it is inflated. Wherever bubbles start to develop is where your leak is. (08/24/2009)

By medievalmom

Finding Leaks in an Air Mattress

This may sound crazy, but it worked. I lit a dark colored smoke bomb and let it enter the air intake of the pump while blowing up the mattress. Continue to blow the mattress all the way up then let it sit. You will not be able to see smoke come out of the holes, but you will notice the dark powder from the smoke bomb. Bot-a-bing, there's your hole.
(08/02/2010)

By covrooster

Finding Leaks in an Air Mattress

First I tried feeling for the leak in my queen sized 19 inch Aerobed. Next I tried soap bubbles. Third, I tried Brian's advice with tissue paper. I was just about to give up when I saw cjb's advice to use aluminum foil and voila I found the leak in under 5 minutes. The sound was easily detectable when I lay on the mattress and put my ear close to the foil that covered the hole. Thank you so much cjb. (09/06/2010)

By pgelman

Woman pumping up air mattress in the woods
Finding Leaks in an Air Mattress
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
🎉
🎄