First Job

Hello, I am a 15 year old girl looking for a job. I have not had a real job yet but I have babysat six cousins. My brother and I have experience working in an office and behind the counter of a shoe store where my mom used to work. I am also typing, not many words but O.K. I really need a job so I can learn to be independent.

- Misha

Answers:

First Job

I am so glad to see a 15 yr old motivated to get a job. I know that some Seniors have a hard time cleaning. You might want to think about helping out the elderly for a few hours a week. Maybe shoveling snow, cutting grass or cleaning house. Also some of them can't drive so maybe just running to the corner store is appreciated. Good luck to you... (03/22/2002)

By Grammijoan

First Job

House sitting is one of my favorite jobs. You can just come and go or stay at their place. People will actually pay you to stay at their place, feed and play with their pets, use their pool, watch TV, surf the web, bring in their newspapers and make their home look lived in while they're out of town. An added bonus is being able to do your homework while you're "working". If some of these people own their own businesses, you can also help them with their office work and make extra cash. You can also offer housekeeping services for even more money. (03/28/2002)

By kimdedo

By nicholas786

First Job

Chickfila, a fast food place, hires at 14. They only work 14 and 15 year olds from 4-7pm on week days and sometimes during the day on Saturdays, leaving plenty of time for homework. (01/08/2005)

By Allison

First Job

I was fortunate to have the Job Training Partnership Act when I was 14. Check with your guidance counselor about summer jobs/camps that pay and train. I also helped my home economics teacher filing, grading papers, and setting up class activities my senior year, for one-two study periods a day. I did babysitting, but mostly helped my mom around the house with house work and taking care of my little sister.

Bottom line is anything you do can be put as job skills. Do you take a lot of messages and follow through? Job skill. Computer experience, making flyers and web research? Job skill. Even cleaning, taking care of pets, tutoring in subjects you excel in....Job Skills. I wish I used more to make money, but I was "too nice." Check your local job center for resume classes and job postings, they usually have resources for 18 and under. (03/10/2006)

By camo_angels

First Job

All of you, please remember that school is your first job, and the best way to get the training and discipline to hold a job. And look at what you need vs. want. That helps to control the spending. (03/17/2006)

By camo_angels

By Heidi

First Job

The age for getting a job may be different state by state. In Michigan
I think it's 14. When my son was 14 he worked at a local restaurant
doing dishes then he was promoted to re stocking the salad bar. It doesn't hurt to call and ask local restaurants. Also call catering
companies. you would be surprised to find out there are many departments in catering companies depending on their size. They
range from unloading to loading trucks to deliver tables etc to doing dishes to clean up.. maybe they would hire a young person for this.
Good luck. (02/23/2007)

By Ariela

Restaurant

My name is Quentin and my first job was working in a restaurant with my aunt and the reason I want to work somewhere else is so that I can be independent and work around other people besides my family, and they can judge me by how I work not by who I am.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) Working for your family is good experience and can help you to get a job elsewhere. (07/16/2007)

By Quentin

First Job

I'm 14 and I baby-sit my, nephew, that is 4, and my, niece, that is 2, and they are 2 handfuls! I have been babysitting them off and on, because my brother (their father), has to work all week and my sister in law (their mother), works at night during the week also! recently I began babysitting for 1 month, but before that I babysat for about 3! and I can also cook a little and I am good at cleaning up around the house and washing dishes and such! The reason I want a job is because, my mom won't put me in a sports so I might as well get a job! There is a lot of trouble around where I live and I just want to get out of it! (03/07/2008)

By Jennifer A.

First Job

My name is Tyler. I'm fourteen and I'm having trouble finding a summer job. So far I have worked at Akin, Gump, Strauss, and Haurer. It's a law firm, and Georgetown university at the school of foreign service. (04/21/2008)

By Tyler.

Finding a First Job, Newspaper with Jobs as the heading
Finding a First Job
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
level and tape measure
Repairing a Sagging Floor
Businesswoman putting money into piggybank at desk.
Using Your Job to Save Money
A woman working a second job at a gift store.
Second Job Ideas
🎄