Flavored Mayonnaise Recipes

Flavored mayonnaise is great for an unusual sandwich spread or dipping sauce, there are endless ways to season mayo. This page contains flavored mayonnaise recipes.

April 22, 2010 Flag

Between sandwiches, burgers, a dressing for fish, poultry or potatoes, the sky is the limit for what to use these for. Simply mix the ingredients together for your flavor of choice ;-)

Ginger Sesame

Roasted Red Pepper

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Oooh these sound delicious. Can't wait to try a few, with the nice weather coming. Thanks for the idea, especially the chipotle and ginger sesame. Yum.

September 26, 2014 Flag

Now and then, we like a little of that name brand gourmet bacon mayonnaise, especially when making potato salad, but it's sometimes hard-to-find in our area and on the pricey side. We don't use it often and end up tossing old product out.

Now, we make our own.

It tastes as good as if not better than the store-bought without the extra sodium and preservatives; what's also great about this is that if you have reserved bacon drippings and don't feel like making this immediately--no worries! Let them cool and freeze them; just defrost in the fridge two days before doing this.

Total Time: About one hour: fifteen mins. pre-heat/prep, 20 mins. cook, 10 m

Yield: About 1 cup, servings vary

Source: My own recipe.

• 1/4 lb bacon (turkey bacon does NOT work well here)
  • 3/4 cup plain mayonnaise
  • 1/8 tsp smoked paprika

1. Roasting your bacon makes less mess and gives it a richer flavor. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Layer bacon slices in a glass pie plate; cook uncovered in oven for 15-20 minutes.
  2. Cool bacon strips on paper towel and reserve the leftover fat from baking. Let cool just long enough to be able to handle the meat and drippings safely and comfortably. Chop the bacon into coarse bits. Set aside.
  3. In small bowl, combine the bacon drippings and about 3/4 cup plain mayonnaise. Sprinkle about 1/8 tsp. paprika and the roasted bacon bits and combine well.
  4. Transfer to a lidded container (we reuse screw-top glass jars) and refrigerate. It's good for four days.
  5. Ad

September 13, 2006 Flag

Today there are all kinds of flavored mayonnaises on the market. I recently ran out of a 'hot and spicy' mayonnaise, I was using for dipping boiled shrimp into. Instead of buying it again, I'm going to make my own. I already have a mayonnaise on hand and my hubby has a big stash of different hot sauces (some were purchased very cheaply with double coupons, some were gifts). I'll combine some hot sauce with my mayo for my own hot and spicy blend. This way, I know I'll be able to get it to my likening, the bottled I'd gotten from the store wasn't as hot and spicy as one might have thought. One good way to get it to my desired taste is to make it myself.

By Terri from NV

Good project, Terri! I haven't tried any flavored mayo but if you want it *really* hot and spicy I'd try Dave's Insanity Sauce and probably a little Coleman's dry English mustard. A few suggestions though: first be very careful with the Dave's Sauce; that stuff will blister your attitude. Also, keep good notes on your experiments so when you get it right you can easily duplicate it. Good luck!

Food and Recipes Recipes CondimentsJune 11, 2013
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipes
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Cajun Mayo
Cajun Mayo Recipes