Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Flavored Mayonnaise Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Flavored Mayonnaise

Flavored mayonnaise is great for an unusual sandwich spread or dipping sauce, there are endless ways to season mayo. This page contains flavored mayonnaise recipes.

Recipes

Read and rate the best recipes below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Flavored Mayonnaise

Between sandwiches, burgers, a dressing for fish, poultry or potatoes, the sky is the limit for what to use these for. Simply mix the ingredients together for your flavor of choice ;-)

Basil

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped

Chipotle

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp. adobo sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin

Ginger Sesame

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 large green onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. sesame oil

Horseradish

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
  • 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice

Jalapeno

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped,
  • 1 to 2 pickled jalapenos, finely chopped

Lemon

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1-1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel

Mustard

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard

Orange

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1-1/2 tsp. fresh orange juice
  • 1 tsp. freshly grated orange peel

Roasted Red Pepper

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped

Wasabi

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. water
  • 1 Tbsp. wasabi powder

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Recipe: Make Your Own Bacon Mayo

Now and then, we like a little of that name brand gourmet bacon mayonnaise, especially when making potato salad, but it's sometimes hard-to-find in our area and on the pricey side. We don't use it often and end up tossing old product out.

Now, we make our own.

It tastes as good as if not better than the store-bought without the extra sodium and preservatives; what's also great about this is that if you have reserved bacon drippings and don't feel like making this immediately--no worries! Let them cool and freeze them; just defrost in the fridge two days before doing this.

Approximate Time: About one hour: fifteen mins. pre-heat/prep, 20 mins. cook, 10 m

Yield: About 1 cup, servings varyMake Your Own Bacon Mayo

• 1/4 lb bacon (turkey bacon does NOT work well here)
  • 3/4 cup plain mayonnaise
  • 1/8 tsp smoked paprika

1. Roasting your bacon makes less mess and gives it a richer flavor. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Layer bacon slices in a glass pie plate; cook uncovered in oven for 15-20 minutes.
  2. Cool bacon strips on paper towel and reserve the leftover fat from baking. Let cool just long enough to be able to handle the meat and drippings safely and comfortably. Chop the bacon into coarse bits. Set aside.
  3. In small bowl, combine the bacon drippings and about 3/4 cup plain mayonnaise. Sprinkle about 1/8 tsp. paprika and the roasted bacon bits and combine well.
  4. Transfer to a lidded container (we reuse screw-top glass jars) and refrigerate. It's good for four days.

Source: My own recipe.

By Candy Killion [9]

Tip: Hot and Spicy Mayonnaise

Today there are all kinds of flavored mayonnaises on the market. I recently ran out of a 'hot and spicy' mayonnaise, I was using for dipping boiled shrimp into. Instead of buying it again, I'm going to make my own. I already have a mayonnaise on hand and my hubby has a big stash of different hot sauces (some were purchased very cheaply with double coupons, some were gifts). I'll combine some hot sauce with my mayo for my own hot and spicy blend. This way, I know I'll be able to get it to my likening, the bottled I'd gotten from the store wasn't as hot and spicy as one might have thought. One good way to get it to my desired taste is to make it myself.

By Terri from NV

Share Your Feedback: Have you tried this recipe? Do you have your own variation which you would like to share? Click "Share a Recipe" above!