Hot and Spicy Mayonnaise

Today there are all kinds of flavored mayonnaises on the market. I recently ran out of a 'hot and spicy' mayonnaise, I was using for dipping boiled shrimp into. Instead of buying it again, I'm going to make my own. I already have a mayonnaise on hand and my hubby has a big stash of different hot sauces (some were purchased very cheaply with double coupons, some were gifts).

I'll combine some hot sauce with my mayo for my own hot and spicy blend. This way, I know I'll be able to get it to my likening, the bottled I'd gotten from the store wasn't as hot and spicy as one might have thought. One good way to get it to my desired taste is to make it myself.

By Terri from NV

Good project, Terri! I haven't tried any flavored mayo but if you want it *really* hot and spicy I'd try Dave's Insanity Sauce and probably a little Coleman's dry English mustard. A few suggestions though: first be very careful with the Dave's Sauce; that stuff will blister your attitude. Also, keep good notes on your experiments so when you get it right you can easily duplicate it. Good luck!

Food and Recipes Recipes CondimentsSeptember 13, 2006
📓
😎
🌻
🐛