Alternatives to Mayonnaise

Category Substitutions
If you are looking to reduce the fat in your diet, one place to start is to find an alternative to mayonnaise. This is a guide about alternatives to mayonnaise.

Instead of mayo, instead of Miracle Whip, I have found a healthier alternative. In short, I tried hummus at a restaurant, and it was excellent. It's basically beans. I bought a package that you reconstitute with cold water. I have used it as an alternative to the aforementioned spreads. It did better than OK. And it was healthy, not fat laden. By the way, the last time I was going to buy a lower cal version of Miracle Whip, I read the label. Transfatty acids! Naturally, I did not buy it! Phooey on them.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Sour cream and plain yogurt are great. These two items can be substituted for mayonnaise in recipes. Some don't like the ingredients or taste in mayonnaise. Greek Yogurt can also be used the same as a substitute for mayonnaise in recipes.