ClothingRepair

Flip Flop Fixers

Flip flops can be made to be more secure through the use of the little rubber bands that are used to make bracelets. I have tons of these little rubber bands.

Total Time: 5 Minutes

Yield: 1 set of improved flip flops

1. Turn over one flip flop and look at the round stem on the bottom. Pull stem forward as on picture, by pushing stem from the top of the shoe.
  2. Take 4 of the rubber bands and wrap around stem as shown in photo.
  3. Wrap rubber band another time around stem as shown.
  4. Ad
  5. Push stem back into shoe and press into recessed area.

I couldn't do this because walking on the bump created by the bands would worry the stuffings out of me. I'm still curious, though. How does this procedure make the ff's more secure?

Anonymous

Hi,

With mine, the little rubber bands keep the top part of the flip flop from coming off of the bottom part. I wear these quite often, during the warmer weather, and do not like the tripping hazard that these shoes become when and if they fall apart.

OK, Robyn,

Out of necessity, I found out on my own. The little thingy that fits between your toes slips through the hole, rendering the flip flop no less than a health hazard. Admitted, your way is better, but mostly because people have ready access to rubber bands.

In my case, I had ready access to that multi purpose wonder, scrap vinyl siding (good for making plant markers that last a lifetime). I cut out a circle of vinyl. Using a large nail and a hammer, I made a hole in the center of the circle. With a pair of scissors, I then cut an opening from the outer diameter of the circle to the inner hole. The rest is history. I have 5 pairs of flip flops, all in various stages of wear. This improvisation is a good investment.

Goody. That little 'stop' piece does stick out like a sore thumb, but, the projection is comfortably located between my big toe and it's brother (no, not that brother, silly; it's brother on the same foot). You inspired this innovation, Robyn. That makes you SPECIAL!

Doug

That is a wonderful idea, Doug!!!!