Flour Sifting Tips and Tricks

Sifting flour using a metal strainer.
For baking purposes, it is always best to sift your flour prior measuring. This is a guide about flour sifting tips and tricks.

Although I have Celiac disease and my food has to be gluten free, I still do some baking with regular flour.

When filling the canister with flour, I sift it into the container. It's ready for accurate measure when needed.

You may notice my canister is an oldie, probably from the 70s. It matched the color of the refrigerator at the time. My sifter was a wedding gift to us 57 years ago and still good as new. I'm proud to say that I'm married to the same man. A saying back then was "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I believe there is a lot of truth in that.

To cut down on cleanup when sifting flour, place a paper plate under the measuring cup so that when the flour is sifted, the extra falls on the plate. Afterward, you can easily fold the plate and pour the extra flour back into the canister.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

This is a guide about sifting flour without a sifter. Some recipes call for sifting the flour, but you don't own a sifter. There are other ways to sift flour using things you may already own.

Sifting Flower

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes