Flower Safe Weed Killer

What weed killer can I use that won't kill my flowers? They are beginning flowers that have not budded yet, they are cock's combs. Please help. There are so many weeds mixed in with them and I'm afraid to pull them because I am pulling the roots of the flowers up too.

By sumdawn

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Here are some good choices, also remember that you can put down plastic and just plant in the holes, the flowers will come up but the weeds will not, also remember t hat you can use newspaper, etc to discourage weeds. Here are some great products to use in the flowerbeds and links to learn more about the details and the pro's of each one.

AMAZE GRASS AND WEED PREVENTER 2 BY GREENLIGHT

http://www.gree  enter2/index.cfm

PREEN WEED PREVENTER WITH BRILLIANT BLOOMS FERTILIZER

http://www.pree  looms-fertilizer

I like this one because it has a fertilizer in it.

WORRYFREE ORGANIC GRASS AND WEED KILLER

I like this one because it has non harmful chemicals for the soil.

http://www.worr  ss_control.shtml

Hope these help! These are safe to use around flower beds. Have fun in the garden! Also, you could cut the weeds off at the top of the soil and cover them with paper and then put rocks over them.

Use layers of newspapers to cover up the weeds (you can place some dirt on top to help hold them down, etc). This will prevent the weeds from getting light and it's easy and inexpensive. :)

I use roofing shingles, I purchased at Lowes. After using for 2 years, still no weeds. I mean 1 or 2 weeds pop out from the outer edge of the flower beds, but its better than 1000"s.. Try it.

Sweett

Exactly what I was thinking also using tarps with grey side up has worked as an experiment. May be cheaper than roofing but not last as 25 years rated by shingle manuf.

July 13, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a good weed killer that does not harm the plants. Any suggestions?

By Jane from England

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sorry, this is one of those mutually exclusive concepts, weeds are plants, so weed killers will harm plants. Depending on what kind of "good" plants you want to keep safe, and what kind of "weed" plants you want to get rid of, you might be able to find some "selective" herbicides that act mostly on the weeds.

Your other possibility is to put on a rubber glove, then an old cotton glove, or use a paintbrush, and brush the herbicide directly onto the weed plant, being careful not to contact the "good" plant. You can also shield the good plants with plastic, cardboard, etc. if you need to spray the weeds.

Good luck!

Flower Beds
Killing Weeds in Flower Beds
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsJune 15, 2011
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Rabbit in Grass With Dandelions
Animal Safe Weed Killer Recipes
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:41:59 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.