Following Fashion Inexpensively

Trying to keep up with the latest fashions can be very expensive. This is a guide about following fashion inexpensively.

I realize that I have gotten into the habit of looking at fashion trends in magazines (and now online), then figuring out an inexpensive way to follow the fashion. For example, I just bought a SILK black fringed long scarf, with gold stripes for $4.00, when scarves not as nice are $12.00 even at Cost Plus! Ditto for the jewelry there. Even at $4-$5.00, I can get better deals and usually better quality. I love to get the Anthropologie catalog, both print and online, but I only use it as a style guide. Some DIY crafty people online have been doing the same.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

There is fashion and there are things you just like. Espadrilles, for example, those rope soled canvas shoes that originated in the South of France. They come in both flat and wedge styles. I always take mine out for the summer. And this year, they are actually IN fashion! So I get compliments, but I will be wearing them next summer, and as long as they last, because they are part of my personal style. (And P.S. if you get them out-of-style/season, you can get bargains, like I did!)

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

I am the same way. I buy what I like, one of my favorite purchases were high wedged sneakers that I bought about three years ago in Payless. Even found similar ones that same year in Mandees. Anyway, whenever I wear them, I get more compliments on them. I bought every color that was available and sorry I didn't double up on colors since they are no longer being sold. But who knows, they may come back someday.

LI Roe