Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Following Fashion Inexpensively

Trying to keep up with the latest fashions can be very expensive. This is a guide about following fashion inexpensively.

June 15, 2010 Flag

I realize that I have gotten into the habit of looking at fashion trends in magazines (and now online), then figuring out an inexpensive way to follow the fashion. For example, I just bought a SILK black fringed long scarf, with gold stripes for $4.00, when scarves not as nice are $12.00 even at Cost Plus! Ditto for the jewelry there. Even at $4-$5.00, I can get better deals and usually better quality. I love to get the Anthropologie catalog, both print and online, but I only use it as a style guide. Some DIY crafty people online have been doing the same.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 22, 2004 Flag

Hi everyone!

Well - I have discovered a new site and wanted to share it with you all. It's centered around fashion and accessories for the whole family and it's fantastic!

Up till now all we have heard about is a 'certain auction site' - and because I had some clothes to sell (and was looking for some too) I tried that route and it was pretty awful...

So, I looked around and found a wonderful alternative - http://www.clothesagency.com - and it is terrific!

In short - it's an international website - with Members from all over the world (I checked - and Membership is free too!) and if you're looking for something to wear at a reasonable price, you can find the most gorgeous clothes on there - from High Street basics to serious designer labels, to mouth-watering vintage names and all affordable...

Their motto is: 'Where Frugal is the New Chic"!

I found the site to be easy to navigate and to my surprise and delight, when I placed my first order, (I succumbed sooo quickly!), the actual owners were the people to reply, and not some machine..

It was easy to pay, I received my items within a week and I was thrilled with them.

I have told all kinds of people about the site - it has ladies and mens as well as gorgeous kids stuff on there and they tell me they ship all over the world - so don't be put off by it being based in the UK - (there is a lovely testimonial on the first page of the ladies section - that might help!)

Their selling policies are also the best I have found on the web - they charge a very small monthly listing fee (28 day listings) for sellers and this is the best bit - they DON'T hit you for end-of-sale commissions!! Woohoooo!

I am now selling a few things from my own wardrobe on there - Clothes_Peg is my seller name! So please check out my few things and hopefully use the site yourself!

The bottom line is that it is a great site - whether you are shopping for fantastic bargains or looking to sell some of the contents of your wardrobe that you just don't want any more - this is the place to visit.

Above all - the folk who run it are kind and caring and give a great service. Again - the address is http://www.clothesagency.com - good luck!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sorry danig - just saw your post.

Thats odd that you cant get on - I should try again. How about you type it into your browser as opposed to the link I posted?

Failing that - if you search on Google I think they have a sponsored link - try putting 'sell used clothing' as a google search and the link is on the right (I've just checked it for you - so I know it works!! lol)

Good luck!

Ladyshot x

June 13, 2007 Flag

There is fashion and there are things you just like. Espadrilles, for example, those rope soled canvas shoes that originated in the South of France. They come in both flat and wedge styles. I always take mine out for the summer. And this year, they are actually IN fashion! So I get compliments, but I will be wearing them next summer, and as long as they last, because they are part of my personal style. (And P.S. if you get them out-of-style/season, you can get bargains, like I did!)

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am the same way. I buy what I like, one of my favorite purchases were high wedged sneakers that I bought about three years ago in Payless. Even found similar ones that same year in Mandees. Anyway, whenever I wear them, I get more compliments on them. I bought every color that was available and sorry I didn't double up on colors since they are no longer being sold. But who knows, they may come back someday.

LI Roe

Nikki Willhite0 found this helpful
October 27, 2005 Flag

I guess it's pretty obvious that if you try and keep up with fashion, you will go broke. My goal is to try and keep up the illusion of keeping up with fashion.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceAugust 29, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
Saving Money on Fashion Accessories
Saving Money on Fashion Accessories
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 10:28:24 PM on 10.0.2.185 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.