Making a Wire Wrapped Ring
With a little bit of jewelry wire and a bead, you can make yourself a fabulous ring in minutes! Here's how.
Total Time: A few minutes
Source: Saw an idea like this online years ago, don't remember where! :)
- ring sizing mandrel
- desired gauge of jewelry wire, I used #20
- bead of choice, any size
- jewelry snips
- jewelry needle nose pliers
- You will begin by cutting a length of jewelry wire for your ring. I suggest using inexpensive, non-precious metal to begin. That way if you make a mistake, no big deal! I used 16" of wire to make a ring that was a size 8. Place your desired bead in the center of the wire. **Any size bead will work.
- Place your centered bead, still threaded with wire over the size on the ring mandrel that you desire. **Hint: from trial and error, the bigger bead you choose, it seems to give you a larger ring. You may want to try wrapping one size smaller than desired.
- You will begin by wrapping the left wire behind the mandrel and around a couple times.
- Now you will repeat the same step with the right wire.
- This is what you have now.
- Take your "ring" off the mandrel now. See?
- Take the right wire and pass it through the ring loop itself. You will wrap it around the top next to the bead and back through the ring as many times and as tightly as you can.
- Repeat the same with the left side. Do you see the sharp end sticking up?
- Easily fixed by bending it down with your pliers.
- The possibilities are endless, different size/color wire, different size/color beads.
- These would also make inexpensive and unique gifts. Your friends will think you're a jewelry artist, but it only took a second!
- Have fun! :)
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This fashionable cocktail ring is easy to make and looks great too. Your friends will all want one. Be creative by using vintage beads and whimsical adornments. Try coordinating or clashing colours depending on your taste and the seasons popular colours.
Show your Irish spirit for St. Patrick's Day with a unique, handmade ring setting of emerald beads. This is a great way to use all those beads most of us already have to make St. Patrick's Day rings for kids, friends and yourself.
Make a ring for your Valentine. You need rocaille beads that are the size of a seed bead and some beading wire. Measure off about two feet of wire. Slip on four beads. Now run the one end of the wire through the last two beads on the other end of the wire.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.