Food Left Out Overnight

Occasionally leftovers do not make it into the fridge, and you need to know if it's still safe to eat. This guide is about food left out overnight.

Food Left Out Overnight

The stew in my slow-cooker was just finishing cooking when I went to bed at 10:00 pm. It was way too hot to put in the refrigerator. I left it covered on the counter and refrigerated it at 7:30 in the morning. Is it still OK to eat?

By Suky

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The FDA says food should not be eaten if left out after two hours. I don't adhere to this strictly but all night, I wouldn't chance it.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceMarch 6, 2013
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 7:50:29 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 771 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.