Food Left Out Overnight

Occasionally leftovers do not make it into the fridge, and you need to know if it's still safe to eat. This guide is about food left out overnight.

Food Left Out Overnight
Filter Sort

Question: Eating Stew Left in Crockpot Over Night

By SUKY 1 2

The stew in my slow-cooker was just finishing cooking when I went to bed at 10:00 pm. It was way too hot to put in the refrigerator. I left it covered on the counter and refrigerated it at 7:30 in the morning. Is it still OK to eat?

By Suky

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By EllenS 3 Flag

The FDA says food should not be eaten if left out after two hours. I don't adhere to this strictly but all night, I wouldn't chance it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Cooked Celery Left on Stove Overnight

Last night I cleaned some stalks of celery for soup this weekend and cooked it with the top greens. I left it in the water in a stainless steel pan overnight on top of the stove. Can I still use it? I put it in the fridge when I got up this morning.

By Rosemary P. from Medina, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceMarch 6, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 5:51:07 PM on 10.0.1.238 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings