AdviceCrafts

Free Yarn for Chemo Caps and Baby Blankets

I have a small circle of girls and we make chemo caps and baby blankets to donate, we are running really low on yarn and really need ideas on ways to come up with more yarn. We don't sell anything, only donate and with the holidays coming, all of our extra cash is low. If you know of any ideas to get yarn for extremely cheap or free, I would appreciate any ideas what so ever. Thank you so much and blessed be.

By Crystal

Yahoo has a freecycle group in different areas of the United States. If you have a yahoo email you can search yahoo for it for your city and state. The site is at "freecycle.org". Then you enter your zip or city and state and it will show you if there is a group near you. Once you are ready to post you just post a "wanted" and what it is you want. Believe me when I say that there are plenty of people out there with stuff to get rid of, including yarn. I hope this helps. Ps. I make sets for infants at a local pregnancy center. Best to you. Deb D

I have never done this but someone told me awhile back to go to good will stores or thrift stores that sell sweaters real cheap and unravel them and reuse the yarn to make things.You hate to rip apart something but if it makes the yarn cheaper it might be the way to go.