Making and Donating Chemo Caps

Many cancer patients prefer to wear a scarf, hat, or cap while receiving chemotherapy treatments. Put your crafting skills to work for friends and community members. This is a page about making and donating chemo caps.

I'm Hannah and I'm 16. I recently started knitting a chemo cap every week for my aunt who has cervical cancer, but I'm running out of yarn! I would also like to start donating chemo caps to the oncology department of my local hospital. So I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get yarn donations, anything would help. Thanks!

By Hannah R.

Answers

Best Answer

I have plenty of yarn that I would like to send you. Let me know where to send it and I will be happy to donate. I commend you for doing this for your family member and others.

Does anyone know where I can donate chemo hats in or near Fresno, California?

Answers

Look in the phone book for "American Cancer Association". Or call the local hospitals.

Most hospitals in large cities have websites---does yours? It's easy for look up the phone numbers you need on their web site, and then you just call them up and say you have some items to donate for Chemo patients...they will be eager to help you trust me!

Better Living Charity AdviceSeptember 18, 2015
🎂
🌻
🎃