Freezing Cooked Corn on the Cob

Today I cooked some corn on the cob on the stove. I had a lot of leftover cobs. Is it safe to freeze them and then heat then up again in a week or so?

By Mel S.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes, be sure to keep refrigerated until just before reheating. I place mine in wax paper and place into microwave. Start with 1 minute and continue until it is hot enough to melt butter and eat.

I wouldn't freeze it, I would refrigerate it. When you reheat it from freezing (if it's been cooked all the way), it will be mushy. :(

Freezing Corn
Freezing Corn
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJune 19, 2011
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:10:22 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.