Freezing Fresh Vegetables From My Garden

I planted my first garden this year and a lot of the veggies I planted are becoming ready to pick. I need to know how to go about picking the veggies and freezing them. Can I just pick them out of the garden, wash, and put in Ziplock bags or do they have to be cooked ahead of time? Most of the veggies I have are typical garden vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)

Freeze Without Blanching

I know I have always done things different and this is no exception. I always thought blanching veggies before freezing was such a waste of time. So one year with my peas, I blanched half the crop and then froze them, and the other half I washed and then froze. WELL the ones that were not blanched tasted better, like they had just come out of the garden. So now I "just freeze" most of the veggies without blanching.

By Pam S.

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Freezing Vegetables
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Turnips with greens.
Freezing Turnips or Parsnips
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎉
🎄