Freezing Whole Tomatoes

With the abundance of produce coming out of our garden I was thrilled to read that you may freeze small tomatoes whole to use in recipes through out the year!

Simply wash, let dry, and lay out small tomatoes on a cookie sheet and place in your freezer until frozen. Then put them in a freezer bag for individual removal at a later time. They are great in soups, stir fry and even on pizza. No time spent over a hot stove canning them.

Source: Mother Earth Living Magazine Sept/Oct 2017 issue

3 More Solutions

All we do with them is rinse them off and blot dry, Put in Ziploc bags and freeze. To use them, I drop into hot liquid, and use my Chinese spider strainer to pull out of broth, slip off skins and core or not.

If you have too many tomatoes from your garden, put them in a brown paper bag and put them in your freezer. When you are ready for your favorite tomato recipe, just take them out and run them under cold water.

I have a garden that has produced lots of tomatoes. I just don't have time right now to can them all. Is there any way I can freeze the tomatoes whole until I get around to using them in my soups? If this is possible, how do I do it?

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesAugust 11, 2017
🎂
🎃
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Whole-Tomatoes-2.html