Freezing Mashed Potatoes

Can you freeze mashed potatoes? I was thinking about making a large batch and freezing so we can use portions as we need without making them each time.

Kathy from OH

Answers:

Freezing Mashed Potatoes

Yes you can freeze mashed potatoes. They freeze quite well I have done it several times. All you need to do is make your large portion the way you want and put them in containers the size you want and freeze. I used to freeze different types, ie. cheese, garlic, etc., and label them so I will get the flavour I need when I need it. This is a great time saver. (11/05/2007)

By Carylin

Freezing Mashed Potatoes

No, I tried it and the texture turned out strange. It could, however, have been because I used condensed milk in that recipe. (11/05/2007)

By Chrissy

Freezing Mashed Potatoes

Yes, I freeze potatoes, however I do not put anything in them until after I defrost them. I cook the potatoes in bite size chunks then I can use them in many ways; fried, soup, mashed, etc. (11/06/2007)

By Suzin

Freezing Mashed Potatoes

I make twice baked stuffed potatoes and freeze them all the time. I make 16-20 at a time. After mashing, add chopped green onion, crumbled bacon (or bacon bits), cheese, or anything else you would like. Fill skins, wrap with Saran wrap and freeze. When ready to use, just unwrap, top with a little butter (or butter spray) and more cheese and microwave until hot. Enjoy. (12/13/2007)

By tudzco

runny potatoes help

You say your potatoes turned runny after freezing this time and they are used for perogies, add instant potato flakes to your potatoes.
I do this when I have the same problem you do for perogies.
Stir in a few till the thickness you need.
This works great.
(12/23/2007)

By smilingfaces88

Freezing Mashed Potatoes

I make a big pot of potatoes and mash like you always do with milk and butter or margarine, then fold in some sour cream. There is no real amount, but the mashed potatoes look creamier and whiter (or the flavored if you like) and put in container you would need for the next meal(s). For my husband and I, I put into a 2 cup plastic container. Take out and microwave 2 minutes (demand on oven), mix, and repeat and they should be ready to eat. (09/16/2008)

By Julie

Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Potatoes
Spinach Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
🎉
🎄