Freezing Mashed Potatoes

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Dish of mashed potatoes.I would be interested in tips for freezing mashed potatoes.

By Jan from Yakima, WA

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I freeze mashers all the time ;-) Just let them cool and place in approriate size zip lock baggies, remove as much air as possible and place in freezer :-)

We raise a lot of potatoes in our garden and when we make mashed potatoes, we will make a large batch, and just place the extra mashed potatoes in zip lock bags and place in freezer. We just defrost and heat in the microwave. If they are too thick, just add a little milk. We started freezing single servings or small servings of mashed potatoes, and when our small grandchild was here, we could have a vegetable for him as he began to eat table foods.

My sister freezes them by using a small scoop like you would use for cookies and making small balls of them on a baking sheet. Then freezing several hours. Once frozen place into a Ziplock bag and when you want to use them take out only the amount you need and heat in the microwave.

They got the idea from the Schwans' mashed potatoes that are so convenient but so expensive.

How well do these store in the freezer? I keep my freezer at 0* fahrenheit and will be using large freezer containers.

Answer this Question

4 More Questions

Can I freeze mashed potato?

By Delia

Answers

You can, but that doesn't mean that they are going to taste good when they are de-thawed .

Indeed you can, just look at frozen tv dinners.

Answer this Question

My family loves mashed potatoes and on busy weeknights I'm embarrassed to admit that I've used powdered potato flakes. My husband is not a fan of the flakes. Just before Thanksgiving huge 10 lb bags of potatoes were on sale for same price as a 5 lb bag. I could have made a lot of potatoes! Has anyone successfully frozen mashed potatoes and how did they go about it.

By Carolyn

Answers

I freeze mashed potatoes whenever I have any left over. I freeze them in a plastic container and when I remove them from my freezer I add a little butter and heat them in my microwave until hot.

Then take a whisk and beat them and they taste freshly made.

Answer this Question

Can you freeze mashed potatoes? I was thinking about making a large batch and freezing so we can use portions as we need without making them each time.

Can mashed potatoes be frozen without altering taste or texture? Thank you in advance for your help!

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 27, 2012
🎆
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Mashed-Potatoes-1.html