Frugal Way To Hang Curtains

I was at Home Depot with a friend today and I found a less expensive solution for hanging curtains. While in the plumbing aisle, I spotted some Copper Plated, Galvanized and PVC 2-Hole Clips in various sizes. I realized that instead of spending the usual $5+ in my local closeout store on each set of curtain rods, I could screw 2 of those clips above my windows and then just buy dowels (or pvc piping) to hang my curtains from. My friend thought it was a good idea so I thought I'd share it here.

By gypsyartist from North Adams, MA

Answers:

Frugal Way To Hang Curtains

I found that tablecloths work great as curtains. In the window covering department, you can find clips that you can use to hang the tablecloths from the curtain rod. You can get the extra long tablecloths for an elegant look and still pay less than you would for a smaller size curtain. (07/25/2007)

By ILikeToSave2

Frugal Way To Hang Curtains

So right you are about using tablecloths as curtains! I just found 2 very nice extra long off-white linen tablecloths for $2 each and hung them up with those clips (2 packs were on clearance for $2.50 each). They look fabulous since they really let the sunlight in. I previously paid $8-12 for curtain sets... it's a major savings! (07/29/2007)

By gypsyartist

Frugal Ways To Hang Curtains
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Altering Curtains
Tips for Altering Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 10:13:32 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 699 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.