Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Fruit Leather Recipes

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Apple Fruit Leather

A good way to use up excess fruit is by drying fruit leather. This page contains fruit leather recipes.

Solutions: Fruit Leather Recipes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Fruit Roll-ups

I love fruit roll up snacks but can't afford the price at the grocery store. This recipe is so quick and easy and no preservatives. My next experiment will be to see if one freezes well and if it does, I will make multiple batches ;-)

• 2 cups fresh fruit of your choice (sliced and seeded if need be)
  • 1 Tbsp. honey

Directions:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (140 degrees C) degrees. Lightly grease baking sheet with vegetable oil. Puree fruit and honey in blender. Evenly pour puree in to baking sheet. Bake in oven until the sheet of puree will easily peel away from baking sheet. The time will depend on your sheet and oven.

Allow to slightly cool. Cut to preferred roll-up size. Place on plastic wrap and roll up. Keep covered in container in refrigerator.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Fruit Leather Recipes.

Question: Making Fig Fruit Leather

Has anybody tried making fig fruit leather?

Viki from Abbeville, AL

Most Recent Answer

By Viki [15]07/31/2008

Thanks, I went ahead and made some but I just stemmed, washed and pureed the figs. I rolled the leather in wax paper and cut into 2" pieces for snacking and vacuum sealed in mason jars.
Why would you need to peel them?

Question: Fruit Leather - Tips and Recipes

I am looking for some good recipes for making fruit leather. Any tips or recipes would be greatly appreciated. I have never done it before.

Thanks,
Annabanna from CA

Most Recent Answer

By Patti [1]08/01/2005

This isn't the leather but oh so easy and my kids LOVE it. Take a big can of fruit cocktail drain and stick in the dehydrator. Turn on low heat. Before going to bed I turn over. In the A.M. is usually ready (if the kids didn't already eat it all:)