Homemade Fruit Roll Up Recipes

Category Fruit
You can save money and control the ingredients used by making your own fruit rollups. This page contains homemade fruit roll up recipes.

I love fruit roll up snacks but can't afford the price at the grocery store. This recipe is so quick and easy and no preservatives. My next experiment will be to see if one freezes well and if it does, I will make multiple batches ;-)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (140 degrees C) degrees. Lightly grease baking sheet with vegetable oil. Puree fruit and honey in blender. Evenly pour puree in to baking sheet. Bake in oven until the sheet of puree will easily peel away from baking sheet. The time will depend on your sheet and oven.

Allow to slightly cool. Cut to preferred roll-up size. Place on plastic wrap and roll up. Keep covered in container in refrigerator.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

How do you make homemade fruit roll ups?

By Amanda from Bristol, PA

Answers

I made 2 different kinds. The kind for small children who might choke easily. They melted in your mouth like an ice cream cone does. The other is the tacky sticky type you can buy.

Difference: one is cooked the other not. Cooked is sticky.
I took my fruit, pureed in blender. My base is always pear, then add the dominate flavor fruit you want. Saran wrap the dehydrator trays heavily and pour onto it. Let dry till how you want it.
Sticky ones like you buy are pureed and then cooked down. Then cooled slightly, do the same thing on the dehyrator trays, Saran them well.
Both kinds need to be cooled and then stored tightly to avoid super sticky messes if humidity is an issue. For the cooked kind, dust with cornstarch and shake off. Makes them managable. Won't need that if they kids make them disppear quickly.

Whether you buy apples specifically for this recipe or use some from the fridge that have passed their prime, you will love these homemade fruit roll-ups. This page contains a recipe for cinnamon apple fruit roll-ups.

Cinnamon Apple Fruit Roll-Ups

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Food and Recipes Recipes FruitJune 13, 2016
🎃