Cinnamon Apple Fruit Roll-Ups
Whether you buy apples specifically for this recipe or use some from the fridge that have passed their prime, you will love these homemade fruit roll-ups. This page contains a recipe for cinnamon apple fruit roll-ups
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Making homemade fruit roll ups is one of the ways I like to use up apples that have gotten a bit soft. Making this cinnamon apple takes only a few ingredients, but technically, you could just use just apples for a super healthy plain one.
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 4 fruit roll ups
- 2 medium apples (I used 1 Gala and 1 Red Delicious)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175 F. Peel and chop apples. Place them in a pot with water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until they're soft.
- Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Give it a mashing, and cook another couple minutes.
- Place this mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a Silpat).
- Spread into a nice, even thin layer.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours. It's ready when you touch it and it doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Let cool and cut into strips.
- They will easily peel off the parchment paper.
February 25, 20160 found this helpful
Would this work with any fruit?
February 26, 20160 found this helpful
Hi Marianne! I've done it with mango and pear, also. They took longer in the oven, though. You can try any but the juicier the fruit, the longer it takes. My mother makes a fantastic sour cherry one.
In This Guide