Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
December 9, 2014
Oatmeal is so filling, quick, and cheap! But oatmeal can get so boring. I like to "spice" it up every now and then to make it enjoyable again.:) One of the things I like about this recipe is that you can use your less than perfect apples that are starting to get a bit soft. This is quite tasty on a cold winter morning. And still very healthy! :)
Total Time: About 10-15 minutes
Yield: About 6 servings
Source: Modified from "Blissful and Domestic" blog
- 6 cups water
- 3 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3 large apples, any kind will do. I used Granny Smith.
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp cinnamon
- butter or margarine
- Peel and cube 3 large apples, any kind. I used Granny Smith, but any will be great. Try and use up the ones that are going soft. They will still be tasty!
- Put 6 cups of water into a pot. Add apples, 1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it). Add 1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon (depending on how "cinnamony" you like it.:) Cook on high until you have a rolling boil.
- Add 3 1/2 cups oatmeal, quick or regular, either one, stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Top with a lovely pat of butter or margarine and enjoy! :)
You could easily halve this recipe if you don't want such a large pot. I just have a lot of people to feed!
December 12, 20140 found this helpful
December 16, 20140 found this helpful
Sounds yummy and easy. I can't wait to try it.
December 27, 20140 found this helpful
I love oatmeal!
Read More Comments wordswork
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 170 Feedbacks
January 16, 20180 found this helpful
Browning bananas work great, too!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.