Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
Apple cinnamon oatmeal is a hearty and healthy meal to kickstart your day. This page contains apple cinnamon oatmeal
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Oatmeal is so filling, quick, and cheap! But oatmeal can get so boring. I like to "spice" it up every now and then to make it enjoyable again.:) One of the things I like about this recipe is that you can use your less than perfect apples that are starting to get a bit soft. This is quite tasty on a cold winter morning. And still very healthy! :)
Total Time: About 10-15 minutes
Yield: About 6 servings
Source: Modified from "Blissful and Domestic" blog
- 6 cups water
- 3 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3 large apples, any kind will do. I used Granny Smith.
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp cinnamon
- butter or margarine
- Peel and cube 3 large apples, any kind. I used Granny Smith, but any will be great. Try and use up the ones that are going soft. They will still be tasty!
- Put 6 cups of water into a pot. Add apples, 1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it). Add 1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon (depending on how "cinnamony" you like it.:) Cook on high until you have a rolling boil.
- Add 3 1/2 cups oatmeal, quick or regular, either one, stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Top with a lovely pat of butter or margarine and enjoy! :)
You could easily halve this recipe if you don't want such a large pot. I just have a lot of people to feed!
December 12, 20140 found this helpful
December 16, 20140 found this helpful
Sounds yummy and easy. I can't wait to try it.
December 27, 20140 found this helpful
I love oatmeal!
In This Guide