Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
December 27, 2016
There is no excuse for not having a delicious hot breakfast anymore. This recipe serves 2. Leftovers heat well in the microwave.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours
Source: Shared on Facebook
- 1/2 cup regular oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 small apple, peeled and chopped
- sweetener, if desired
- Use a heat-proof bowl that can hold at least 2 cups of water. Stir the oats, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and apples.
- Pour the 2 cups of water over this mixture.
- Fill your slow cooker 1/4 to 1/2 full with water. When you add the bowl, the water should just reach the top of the bowl. Adjust if necessary.
- Cook for 7 hours.
- Carefully take the bowl out.
- Add sweetener if desired.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.