Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
Your crockpot can be used to make more than just dinner. Make apple cinnamon oatmeal in your crockpot for an easy healthy start to your day. This is a guide about slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
There is no excuse for not having a delicious hot breakfast anymore. This recipe serves 2. Leftovers heat well in the microwave.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours
Source: Shared on Facebook
- 1/2 cup regular oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 small apple, peeled and chopped
- sweetener, if desired
- Use a heat-proof bowl that can hold at least 2 cups of water. Stir the oats, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and apples.
- Pour the 2 cups of water over this mixture.
- Fill your slow cooker 1/4 to 1/2 full with water. When you add the bowl, the water should just reach the top of the bowl. Adjust if necessary.
- Cook for 7 hours.
- Carefully take the bowl out.
- Add sweetener if desired.