Garbage Bag Tip

Open up package of garbage bags and put the entire package of bags, minus the box, in the bottom of the garbage container. When one is full, just remove and the others are right there to use. Helps save a few steps. This is an old housekeeping trick and is a sign of a good housekeeper!

By Rockinr from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Garbage Bag Tip

Well, that is a very ingenious tip, and one I definitely plan to start using! Thanks loads! (04/17/2007)

By tedsmom

Garbage Bag Tip

This would work out alright, unless you could guarantee someone isn't going to pour something drippy in and your bag leaks. (04/17/2007)

By badwater

Garbage Bag Tip

Sounds good IF you can keep your garbage can as clean as a whistle, mine never seems to stay that way for some reason, so I just use recycled plastic and paper bags from the store to put my garbage in. This works fine for me, plus: it's FREE! (04/17/2007)

Garbage Bag Tip

As a housekeeper, I can say this is a great tip! I have always done this. It's so easy to pull out the full bag, rip it off and open the new one. At home, I use the plastic grocery bags from the store. I just leave some under the bottom of the bag, easy. I don't have to run and grab a new bag each time. And it's easy to simply wipe the bottom
up with a wet paper towel. The HARD part is getting my hubby to open a new one, whether they are stored in the bottom of the waist basket or not. lol (04/17/2007)

By Ariela

Garbage Bag Tip

Sounds great but like others said, too dirty. I do do this for the bed/bathrooms though (with the store bags) (04/18/2007)

By valbush

Garbage Bag Tip

I used to do that too until the bag ripped a couple times and leaked all over the new bags. lol. I just keep one or 2 there now. (04/22/2007)

By kimmcg

Keep Extra Bags in Bottom of Garbage
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄