Garden: Confederate Rose

Garden: Confederate Rose

This picture is my Confederate Rose. It is just blooming and can be grown as a tree or large bush. As a tree it gets leggy. They also come in white.

I have rooted many to give away, by just cutting a branch and putting in water to grow roots. This picture was taken while I was on another Group and does have a copyright.

By Sherry from Valdosta, GA

Answers:

Garden: Confederate Rose

It is a lovely plant. I wonder if it you live in zone 6? (05/29/2009)

By LITTLE SUZY

Garden: Confederate Rose

I am so glad to see your post! Not only that you are from Georgia, but the fact that you chose to post about a Confederate Rose. There is one in my parent's yard that I have been thinking of moving to my yard since they have passed away. I think that I will try to root one from a branch before moving the entire tree. Thanks so much for sharing your photo and experience of sharing this lovely plant with others. (05/29/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

Garden: Confederate Rose

I have a whole "fence" of them. My mother had a tree and I just took cuttings and stuck them on the ground and 3 yrs later I have a beautiful fence on them. (06/12/2009)

By battlespire

Pink Confederate rose.
Garden: Confederate Rose
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🎄