Gas Smell in Car's Trunk

I spilled golf cart gasoline in the trunk of my car. I removed the mat and used baking soda, but it still smells. I am now becoming sick from the fumes. Please help, what can I do to removes the gas from the back of my car?

Mandy from Orange County, CA

Feedback:

Charcoal

Just a quick idea, you could try putting some charcoal in the trunk and letting it sit for a few days. This was the only thing that worked for us when milk spilled and soured in our car. Good luck.

By Diane

Bar of Soap

Try placing a bar of soap in the trunk. I got egged once and a bar of soap (I used Ivory) eliminated the odor over night. A kid at a used car lot told me about the soap. I keep a bar under my seat all the time now, keeps the car fresher then the fresheners that have perfume. I've told friends and they've had success with a variety of odors. Good luck.

By Dan

Odorzout

There is a product called Odorzout that is granular that you sprinkle on and then let sit for a few weeks then vacuum out. It is worth the cost. But for a cheaper version you might want to first try kitty litter, the plain clay kind and work it in to the fibers really well. Let sit a week or so then vacuum.

Odorzout at Amazon

By Jooniper