I purchases some off-brand of baby wipes before my son was born. I used them the first few days at home with him, but his bottom turned red from irritation.
A friend told me to these homemade baby wipes:
1. Get some rolls of Viva paper towels
2. Cut them in half
3. Stick half a roll in a Rubbermaid container
4. Pour down the tube a mix of the following:
5. Remove the tube and the first inner sheet of the paper toweling.
6. Pull sheets off from the inside of the roll.
My son's irritated bottom was much better in a matter of a day or two. I still use them since they average about 2 cents a wipe verses 4 or 5 cents for name brand wipes.
I also use them to wipe his nose when he has dried-on ickys. Its much more gentle than using scratchy tissues.
Save even more money (and the environment!) by using cloth wipes. Those little beby washcloths work well, as do old receiving blankets, old flannel sheets, etc. (09/14/2008)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!