AdviceBeauty

Getting All of the Stick Deodorant Out of the Container

I use Lady Speed Stick deodorant and it doesn't roll up all the way to get all of the deodorant out of the container. I can see it in there, but it won't come above the surface. I've turned it upside down to roll it up, but nothing seems to work. I end up throwing away 1/4 of the deodorant every time. Does anyone know how to get it out?

This happens sometimes and it's just the off-chance you get a poorly made case. I have taken the deodorant out of ones like that by slowly melting it in the microwave (rolled up in a damp towel) at 20 second increments until the deodorant part is melty then add it to a deodorant stick that actually works. I'm too thrifty to throw them away and too proud to pick at the deodorant with a spoon and wipe it on myself. ;)

Save this container and all future containers. Scrape out all the contents and put into the first container. When you hade about 4 containers' worth of product, microwave in 10-second intervals. Cool and you will have a "new" container full of deodorant.

I will give that a try. Thanks.

I recommend using a gel deodorant. I've never had this problem with a gel. Also, dry deodorants crumble and can leave "telltale" white residue on clothes.

There are many clear gels available.

I am going to give the gel a try. Thanks for responding.

Get a bag of popsicle sticks at the dollar store. They come in very handy for scraping and other things as well.