Getting Dogs To Stop Marking Territory

I need someone to tell me how best to get my son's dog to quit wetting on everything in sight. I know dogs mark their territory but this is worse than that. I have never seen a dog wet so much in my life. I have scolded him, but it doesn't seem to matter to him. He can go wet on something and then something else. You know most dogs at least have to wait a little while before doing it again, not him. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Jennifer from Scottsville, KY

Answers:

Getting Dogs To Stop Marking Territory

You absolutely need an enzymatic cleaner like "Simple Solution" some grocery stores carry them in the pet aisle but it is usually cheaper to get them in large quantities at a pet store or Wal-mart, especially if they have marked all over the house. I'd also call your vet to make sure they don't have urinary tract infections or something medically wrong. (10/26/2008)

By thephantomqueen

Getting Dogs To Stop Marking Territory

Crate training. (10/27/2008)

By Mel

Getting Dogs To Stop Marking Territory

You don't say if he is neutered or not. If he isn't, get him neutered ASAP. Also, as someone else has said have a vet examine him because he could have a bladder infection, UTI, etc. (10/27/2008)

By Maryeileen

Getting Dogs To Stop Marking Territory

Make him/her an outside dog! It really works. (10/30/2008)

Getting Dogs to Stop Marking Territory
Spraying cat
Getting a Cat to Stop Spraying Inside
A pug sitting on the floor in the kitchen.
Dog Marking Territory in the House
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
🎉
🎄